P'nai Or Philadelphia Renewing Judaism as it Renews Us....
Davven with us!
Celebrate life changes with us!
Celebrate High Holy Days with us!
Learn with us!
Join in Tikkun Olam with us!
Study and Renew with us!
Enjoy the Seasons with us!
Philadelphia’s Jewish Renewal
Join Us For…
October 16 – Join in the building of the P’nai Or Sukkah, which we use (weather permitting) for our davvenen, and is open for the community to use for meals throughout this original Fall Thanksgiving Holiday.
October 17 – Sukkot
Davven’-and-Dance | 7:00 – 9:00ish |Dance the “Mystical Dances of the Sefirot | Be Happy! Have fun! Celebrate! It is a Party! |Bring nosh and drinks and wear your dancin’ shoes| Musicians… join the P’nai Orchestra!
Sunday, Oct. 30, 2016. 10:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m.
Come hear Rabbi Shefa Gold, a leader in ALEPHA: Alliance for Jewish Renewal, explore the Power of Intention.
What’s that? Click here.
P’nai Or community learning programs 2:00 pm, after lunch
New Shmoozes to be announced.
Last year’s topics:
- February 6, 2016 – Introduction to the work of Mussar
- February 27 & March 5, 2016 – The Rise and Fall of the 2nd Jewish Commonwealth
- March 26, 2016 – Lessons from Reb Zalman
- April 2, 2016 – The Dangling Conversation: Bringing lessons from Talmud to our daily spiritual practice
- June 4, 2016 – Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean (The Jewish War Against Spain)
- July 23, 2016 – Pray With Your Hands (date subject to change) More Information
Torah Study, Services & Potluck
A weekly time for rejuvenation, study & prayer with new and old friends • Torah study 9:15 am • Shabbat davvenen 10:30 am • Potluck (veggie/dairy) 1:00 pm • ‘Shabbas Shmooze’ 2:00 pm read more…
Monthly Kabbalat Shabbat Service
A joyful & soulful musical Kabbalat Shabbat, followed by veggie/dairy potluck dinner
6:15 pm • Gather & Schmooze 6:30 pm • Chant & Meditation Service
- Dates to be announced
- read more…
Drum and Chant Circle 5:00 pm
Blend voice and percussion to engage in deepening the journey of Jewish prayer, song and chant
Upcoming Dates (4th Saturday of Month)
- Aug. 27, 2016
- Sept. 24, 2016
- Oct. 22, 2016
- Nov. 26, 2016
- Dec. 24, 2016
- P’nai Or Philadelphia’s davvenen/prayer style is upbeat, celebratory and participatory, blending Hebrew and English song and chant with opportunities for reflection and sharing.
- We are a welcoming and diverse Jewish Renewal Community, a member of Keshet, working for the full equality and inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Jews in Jewish life.
- P’nai Or Philadelphia is a member of ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal, a world-wide organization which advances vital Judaism as an ethical and spiritual path.
- We meet in the Community wing of Summit Presbyterian Church, Greene St. at Westview St., Philadelphia, PA 19119. Find us.
Website designed by Rivkah Walton. No photos on this website were taken on Shabbat or Yom Tov.