P'nai Or Philadelphia Renewing Judaism as it Renews Us....
Davven with us!
Celebrate life changes with us!
Celebrate High Holy Days with us!
Learn with us!
Join in Tikkun Olam with us!
Study and Renew with us!
Enjoy the Seasons with us!
Philadelphia’s Jewish Renewal
Torah Study, Services & Potluck
A weekly time for rejuvenation, study & prayer with new and old friends
• Torah study 9:15 am
• Shabbat davvenen 10:30 am
• Potluck (veggie/dairy) 1:00 pm
• ‘Shabbas Shmooze’ 2:00 pm read more…
Monthly Kabbalat Shabbat Service
A joyful & soulful musical Kabbalat Shabbat, followed by veggie/dairy potluck dinner
6:15 pm • Gather & Schmooze 6:30 pm • Chant & Meditation Service
- February 26, 2016
- March 11, 2016
- April 15, 2016
- May 13, 2016
- June 17, 2016 read more…
Drum and Chant Circle 5:00 pm
Blend voice and percussion to engage in deepening the journey of Jewish prayer, song and chant
Upcoming Dates (4th Saturday of Month)
- February 27, 2016
- March 26, 2016
- Happy Pesach – no Drum & Chant in April
- May 28, 2016
- June 25, 2016
Spiritual Sounds Laboratory 7:30 pm
Explore new Jewish Spirituals with Joey Weisenberg
Dates (1st Thursday of Month)
- February 4, 2016
- March 3, 2016
- April 7, 2016
- May 5, 2016
- June 2, 2016
- read more…
P’nai Or community learning programs 2:00 pm, after lunch
- February 6, 2016 – Introduction to the work of Mussar
- February 27 & March 5, 2016 – The Rise and Fall of the 2nd Jewish Commonwealth
- March 26, 2016 – Lessons from Reb Zalman
- April 2, 2016 – The Dangling Conversation: Bringing lessons from Talmud to our daily spiritual practice
- June 4, 2016 – Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean (The Jewish War Against Spain)
- July 23, 2016 – Pray With Your Hands (date subject to change)
Join Us For…
Fill your seder with these mystical and yummy resources
Wednesday evening, March 23 from 6:30-9:30ish p.m. read more…
Shabbat, March 19 – “Islam, Religious Practices, and History of the Majidullah Congregation”
Friday, March 25 – Attend a prayer service at the mosque
February 21 ♦ 11:30 – 2ish ♦ Create an original Eyshet Chayil, “Woman of Valor,” poem of praise ♦ Pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org
- P’nai Or Philadelphia’s davvenen/prayer style is upbeat, celebratory and participatory, blending Hebrew and English song and chant with opportunities for reflection and sharing.
- We are a welcoming and diverse Jewish Renewal Community, a member of Keshet, working for the full equality and inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Jews in Jewish life.
- P’nai Or Philadelphia is a member of ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal, a world-wide organization which advances vital Judaism as an ethical and spiritual path.
- We meet in the Community wing of Summit Presbyterian Church, Greene St. at Westview St., Philadelphia, PA 19119. Find us.
Website designed by Rivkah Walton. No photos on this website were taken on Shabbat or Yom Tov.