P'nai Or Philadelphia
Renewing Judaism as it Renews Us....
Davven with us!
Celebrate life changes with us!
Celebrate High Holy Days with us!
Learn with us!
Celebrate holidays with us!
Join us in Tikkun Olam!
Study and Renew!
Welcome to Philadelphia’s Jewish Renewal Community!
- P’nai Or Philadelphia is a welcoming and diverse Jewish Renewal Community.
- We come together in the Community wing of Summit Presbyterian Church, 6757 Greene Street, in the West Mt. Airy neighborhood of Philadelphia.
- We meet on Jewish holidays and every Shabbat (Saturdays, 10:30 am – 1:00 pm). Throughout the year, we sponsor classes, get-togethers and holiday celebrations.
- Our davvenen/prayer style is upbeat, celebratory and participatory, blending Hebrew and English song and chant with opportunities for reflection and sharing.
We look forward to getting to know you….
- P’nai Or Philadelphia meets in the Community wing of Summit Presbyterian Church, Greene St. at Westview St, Philadelphia, PA 19119. Find us.
- P’nai Or Philadelphia is a member of ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal, a world-wide organization which advances vital Judaism as an ethical and spiritual path, and whose world headquarters is located in our community.
- P’nai Or Philadelphia is a member of Keshet Working for the full equality and inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Jews in Jewish life
Website designed by Rivkah Walton. No photos on this website were taken on Shabbat or Yom Tov.
What's on our minds...
June 26th, 2015 The Board and Staff of ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal, released the following statement: It is with great joy and celebration that we enter the sacred space of Shabbat, the Jewish Sabbath, knowing that all Americans regardless of sexual orientation can marry.
Join Us For…
July 3, 4| P’nai Or Philadelphia members are welcome to join the Friday evening service and Saturday morning service for free at the ALEPH “Getting It Together” Shabbaton https://aleph.org/together read more…
June 20| 2:00 p.m.| Gabbai Seth Fishman, a member of Pnai Or Philadelphia from 1988 to 1995, shared inspirational lessons to honor the first Yahrzeit of Rabbi Dr. Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, founder of the Jewish Renewal movement. read more…