We extend our prayer to the pursuit of social justice with a variety of activities and commitments. The P’nai Or Tikkun Olam Council meets monthly to focus our intentions in “hands-on” ways and in standing with others to take political action.
Other ways to participate in the Tikkun Olam Council –
- Collect food for the Mitzvah Food Project
- Pack and deliver food for the Jewish Relief Agency and for B’nai B’rith
- Prepare and serve dinner for the Ronald McDonald House
- Participate in the People’s Climate March
- Participate in electoral efforts to promote a living wage and school fair funding
- Collect donations for progressive groups through our annual Yom Kippur campaign.
We are always open to new ways to make a difference.
To get involved please email Gayle Lacks, Tikkun Olam Chair, at email@example.com.
P’nai Or is a member of POWER (Philadelphians Organized to Witness Empower and Rebuild) www.powerphiladelphia.org, an interfaith group of 40-plus congregations that engages in taking political action in areas of jobs, education and immigration to create a “City of Opportunity for All.”